Sunday, July 25, 2010

Today's List of Three

Here is my list of things that I found particularly joyful today. :)

1. Eric and I spent some time helping friends clean the house they're moving out of. I enjoyed us being able to do that together.

2. Having a big group of friends over to say goodbye to a sweet family that is leaving Alaska. Bittersweet time. It was so much fun to have our friends over and all hang out and talk. I know that there are going to be so many times that I have to hang out with friends without Eric, so I want to really enjoy the times that he is able to be there with me. The "bitter" part is because these friends that are leaving are just really good friends, and I am going to miss them HUGELY.

3. We just put the boys to bed, and now we are going to hang out alone together. That is joyful for many reasons ;)

Tomorrow's list should be good! We are going to church in the morning, where we will see our good friends dedicate their brand new baby boy. Then, we are going to use the $40 gift certificate our realtor gave us to Pagoda ( a Chinese restaurant in North Pole), and take a nice, long drive out really far somewhere to enjoy the beautiful scenery of Alaska as a family. The alone time will be nice, because Eric is about to start training a lot, and will be gone for a good portion of the rest of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment