Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Kid Quotes for the Day

Some of my favorite quotes from today:

Nate to Caleb:  "Caleb, tell Mommy about that evil kid that stole your snow pants at school!"
Caleb forgot his snow pants one day, so he went to borrow some of the school's.  Apparently, he grabbed a pair, and then realized he had forgotten something, so he laid them down to go get it.  When he got back, another kid was putting the snow pants on.  They were the last pair of snow pants available, and Caleb's sense of fairness was greatly wounded.  As was Nate's, obviously.  I smiled inside when I heard this, though, because it shows that my boys are now having conversations like friends, telling each other about their day.  Love it!

Sam to no one in particular:  "Go, go Power Win-jahs!" 
Power Rangers-he is in love with this show now.  I had a headache yesterday and sat down to watch a Power Ranger marathon with him and Nate. I have to say, that is one of the worst shows of all time.  But I had an absolute blast watching it with them!  They love to get up and mimic the fight scenes, complete with sound effects.  They are true boys, to the core!

Caleb to his teacher:  "A drone, because all they do is lay around and get fed."
He was asked on a test which kind of bee he would prefer to be and why, and this was his answer.  His teacher still gave him some credit, but she marked underneath is "no, they go out and find the food.".  Even though it is a little disturbing to hear him speak so unashamedly of his desire to be lazy...this still made me laugh pretty hard.  Hey, maybe he's just being honest.  He is a pretty hard-working kid.  I've asked a lot more of him since his dad has been gone then I would have under normal circumstances.

Nate to me:  "Dis is a great wunch, Mommy!"
The boys had-per their special request-plain hamburger buns for part of their lunch today.  Nate was overjoyed and talked about it all day.  He is my picky eater, so it was sweet to hear him enjoy his food so much.

I have awesome kids.  They may be a lot of work, but they are definitely more then worth it!  Love 'em!   

No comments:

Post a Comment