Monday, November 15, 2010

I have 5 unexpectedly free minutes!




Oh, hi! I was supposed to be really busy today (and I still have a lot to do!), but some of my plans got canceled, so I thought I'd take a minute to blog!

Quick update on each of the boys:

1. Caleb: Finished his AWANA book already!! Go, Caleb! They were entering all the kids who were half-way through their books in a drawing to win a giant lolli-pop soon, so I was really proud of Caleb for being through the entire book already. And the cool thing is that he sits down and studies his verses by himself. I don't have to make him do it, or really even coach him though it anymore.

2. Nate: 99.5 % potty-trained! Woohoo! It is such a relief to only have to worry about one set of diapers. Now, for the other .5% of the time that Nate is not perfectly potty-trained, we still have pull-ups. But that problem only happens at night, and even that is happening less and less. Most mornings he wakes up dry and goes potty on his own without any prompting from me.

3. Sam: Walking!! Cutest thing EVER. I love the little baby-toddle. And his cloth diapers make for a nice, thick padding when he takes those hard falls onto his little butt.

And an update on me and Eric:


We are doing well. Deployment is really starting to bare down on us. I know it's still a few months away, but I also know that that time will go quickly and will also be full of a lot of work, preparation and training for Eric.

I feel like I've really turned a corner when it comes to the anxiety. It doesn't rule my entire existence anymore. I have the occasional moment where something (like the idea of an entire YEAR without my husband) will hit me particularly hard and I'll need to cry or at least take some deep breaths. But I'm able to do it and move on now, rather than getting stuck in that panicky state like I used to.

One thing that is helping me in HUGE ways is Protestant Women of the Chapel (PWOC). It's a group of Christian Army wives who meet at the chapel every week for praise and worship, food, fellowship and Bible study. I don't even know how to describe how good it feels to go somewhere and worship God, study the Bible and talk about life with so many women that I know are going through the exact same thing that I am. I look forward to it all week now, and I am so thankful that God led me there!

And last but not least, we put up our Christmas trees!!! I love Christmas trees! And don't be a Scrooge and tell me it's too early. This is our first year in our own home, and we were excited about it. Also, Christmas is going to be a little blue next year, without Daddy, so I figure we might as well enjoy it to the fullest while we're all together!









No comments:

Post a Comment